WAPPA Days 3 & 4: Basic Facts Numeracy Milestones
Thanks for your attendance!
This two day workshop will help leaders lay the foundation for a coherent “Basic Number Facts Program” to run across the school. Participants will be provided with a Milestones Document linking Year levels and West Australian Curriculum Content to the teaching of basic number facts. A three step approach: Teach, Practise, Apply will be outlined to ensure that students are taught basic number facts.
Who will benefit:
Principals, Deputy Principals, leadership teams, school leaders, curriculum leaders and teachers (Yr 1 – 4 +)
- Participants will explore two Milestones: Addition and Subtraction: Basic Facts and Multiplication and Division Basic Facts
- An overall Whole School Approach to learning the basic Number Facts will be explained
- A booklet of Assessment Options will be provided.
- Options for Differentiation will be explored, ie supporting struggling learners and extending those students who have already mastered the basic number facts.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop their own school approach, based on individual school context, to Teaching, Practising and Applying Basic Number Facts.