My Word Book: Mathematics by Dr Paul Swan and David Dunstan.
A book of lists, Featuring:
• Lists for all of the Curriculum Substrands, organised by year level.
• A focus on words students should know to be able to complete questions.
• Lists of essential vocabulary that has already appeared in NAPLAN (2010-17)
• Word building (e.g. roots, suffixes).
• Troublesome “sounds-alike” words (homonyms) and context.
• Words (and symbols) with specific mathematical meanings.
|My Word Book: Mathematics Book|
|Australian Curriculum Links||Concepts|
|F: ACMMG010||Describing position and movement.|
|Yr 1: ACMMG022||Sort, describe and name familiar 2D shapes and 3D objects.|
|Recognise and classify 2D shapes and 3D objects.|
|Yr 1: ACMMG023|
|Yr 2: ACMMG044|
|Yr 3: ACMMGO65|
|Yr 4: ACMMG090|
|Yr 5: ACMMG113||Give and follow directions.|
|Interpret simple maps.|
|Create and interpret simple grid maps.|
|Use simple scales, legends and directions to interpret information contained in basic maps.|
|Use a grid reference system. Use directional language.|
|Yr 2: ACMMG046||Identify and describe half and quarter turns.|
|Yr 4: ACMMG088||Describe 2D shapes that result from combining common shapes.|
|Yr 5: ACMMG114||Describe translations, reflections and rotations of two-dimensional shapes Identify line and rotational symmetries.|
|Yr 6: ACMMG143||Introduce the Cartesian coordinate system using all four quadrants|
|Problem Solving and Reasoning|