(South Australia) Bond Blocks: Prevention and Intervention of Maths Difficulties
SPELD SA is pleased to offer this whole day of professional learning on prevention and intervention of maths difficulties using the Bond Block System. Bond Blocks was developed by Western Australian classroom teacher Narelle Rice in partnership with Dr Paul Swan.
- Teachers of Preschool/Kindergarten and Reception.
- Classroom Teachers of Years 1 to 3.
- Classroom Teachers of Years 4 to 6 who have students who add and subtract using their fingers.
- Intervention Teachers and Education Assistants who support students with difficulties in maths.
- Admin looking for a whole school approach in maths.
Bond Blocks is a whole school system made up of ready-to-go, sequenced resources to build a firm foundation from counting to calculating in addition and subtraction. Bond Block resources can be used:
- At Tier 1 as part of quality, differentiated whole class teaching, from Kindergarten to Year 3, to reduce the numbers of students requiring intervention or
- At Tier 2 as intervention with small groups or Tier 3 with individual students on Individual Education Plans, from Kindergarten to Year 6.