About this solution:
This solution is a comprehensive solution for the teaching addition and subtraction
1) Mental Maths for Years 1 to 3:
- Link part-part-whole understanding with basic addition and subtraction fact fluency and associated word problems.
2) As a Wave 2 & 3 Maths Intervention Support System for Year 1 to lower Secondary:
- Intervene early with younger students to close the gap.
- Help students move on from counting to add and subtract.
- The Bond Block Test is used for placement and monitoring.
- Activities designed to support students with learning disabilities.
The Bond Blocks System also features two introductory sets of materials for the prerequisite skills:
The Bond Blocks Maths Intervention Program is fully sequenced, Australian Curriculum linked and follows a Concrete-Representational-Abstract approach.
- A comprehensive learning system – 108 activities
- Activities are completable in 10 minutes
- All activities are modelled on video with explicit teaching and demonstration to teachers how to link the mathematical manipulative, the language and symbols.
- Explanation of the mathematics
- Mathematical language specified
- Assessment and monitoring
- Positive Testimonials from Schools & Teachers, Homeschoolers & Students
An example Bond Blocks lesson